Mon to Fri – 9:00am to 12:00pm or 12:00pm to 4:00pm
Purpose: This position serves as the receptionist for the Gwen Secter Creative Living Centre.
The receptionist represents the agency to the public who visit the Centre.
Location: The receptionist maintains the front desk/reception area of the Centre at 1588 Main St.
- The receptionist answers the main phone line and directs calls.
- Greets guests and directs them.
- Answers questions about the Centre and provides forms when necessary.
- Is aware of activities that take place that day and during the month at the Centre, located in the Front Desk Binder or taped on the desk (also in the monthly bulletin)
- Gives information about the monthly menu
- Makes reminder phone calls etc., for upcoming events.
- Membership, receipt monies coming in.
- Process tribute cards as directed
- Other administrative duties when needed.
- Volunteers should bring a book, laptop, etc., for quiet times during their shift.
Dining Room Assistant
Wednesday Program: 11:30am to 2:45pm
Purpose: This position serves as the assistant during our weekly Wednesday program.
The dining room assistant handles and serves food to the attendees.
Location: The dining room assistant works in the dining hall of Gwen Secter Centre.
- Help members that can’t get water, coffee, tea for themselves.
- Serve the lunch meal, giving the members ample time to eat and enjoy their meal and converse with their friends.
- Take direction from the Volunteer Co-ordinator regarding process and procedure to ensure a pleasant dining and program experience for our members
Time and Availability Varies
Purpose: We are always looking for individuals to join our existing committees such as the Program Committee or Food Services to name a couple. If you have any interest or experience in these areas, new ideas are always welcome and appreciated.
Location: Gwen Secter Centre at 1588 Main St.
We are always looking for bakers. If you love to bake, we always serve refreshments at our special events including selling goodies from our fridge. Gwen Secter also needs baking for specific holidays during the year.
Sometimes we need drivers to help our older adults attend programs. These may include outings, Live and Learn afternoons, Shabbat Shalom Luncheon, etc.
We always need people to phone members to help promote programs and special events, or remind members to register for such events.
Volunteerism is special. What you put in, you get back in spades!
Volunteerism is a commitment. If you can’t make your shift, please call our office in advance. This is very much appreciated.
Gwen Secter is a family of members and volunteers.
What can be bad about receiving hugs every day complete with laughter and fulfillment!