or please call Danielle 204-339-1701
GWEN SECTER’S VOLUNTEER POSITION DESCRIPTIONS
Receptionist – Mon to Fri – 9:00 to 12:00 or 12:00 to 4:00
Purpose: This position serves as the receptionist for the Gwen Secter Creative Living Centre
The receptionist represents the agency to the public who visit the Centre
Location: The receptionist maintains the front desk/reception area of the Centre at 1588 Main St.
- The receptionist answers the main phone line and directs calls.
- Greets guests and directs them.
- Answers questions about the Centre and provides forms when necessary.
- Be aware of activities that take place that day and during the month at the Centre, located in the Front Desk Binder or taped on the desk (also in the monthly bulletin)
- Gives information about the monthly menu
- Makes reminder phone calls etc., for upcoming events.
- Membership, receipt monies coming in.
- Process tribute cards as directed
- Other administrative duties when needed.
- Volunteers should bring a book, laptop, etc., for quiet times during their shift.
Dining Room Assistant:
Volunteers are needed for our Wednesday Program : 11:30am to 2:45pm
- Help members that can’t get water, coffee, tea for themselves.
- Serve the lunch meal, giving the members ample time to eat and enjoy their meal and converse with their friends.
- Take direction from the Volunteer Director regarding process and procedure to ensure a pleasant dining and program experience for our members
Committees: We are always looking for individuals to join our existing committees such as the Program Committee, Food Services to name a couple. If you have any interest or experience in these areas, new ideas are always welcome and appreciated.
We are always looking for bakers. If you love to bake, we always serve refreshments at our special events including selling goodies for our fridge. Gwen Secter also needs baking for specific holidays during the year.
Sometimes we need drivers to help our older adults attend programs. This may include outings, Live and Learn afternoons, and Shabbat Shalom Luncheon etc.
We always need people to phone members to help promote programs and special events, or remind members to register for such events.
Volunteerism, is special. What you put in, you get back in spades!
We couldn’t do it without you.
or just drop in…we’d love to meet you.
Volunteerism is a commitment. If you can’t make your shift, please call our office in advance. This is very much appreciated.
Gwen Secter is a family of members and volunteers…
What can be bad about receiving hugs every day ….laughter….fullfillment!